Monday, October 13, 2008

Getaway to Coorg !!

After a very long time... finally, we (my wifee n me) decided to escape from the city life and shortlisted few places and selected Coorg... As found on the web, Coorg - The Scotland of India... I would rather call it this way, Scotland - Brit's Coorg !! (coz, source is always the reference)

I had booked my tickets in AIRAVATH (KSRTC Volvo Bus) a week ago and was waiting for 'the day', Reached Bangalore Bus Stand aka Majestic a couple of hours before... Tried my best to get a decent seat / place to spend the remaining time. (Resultant: Output from Wifee) We seated ourselves in the bus comfortably @ 11:30 PM and took a short nap... as short as 6 hours; As I was very particular in reading the reviews (by victims / fortunate experienced Webbies), Did a bit of R&D and booked a HomeStay called "Honey Valley" (Shall not write intro on Honey Valley here... rather promote my compliment to Chengappa's family http://honeyvalley.page.tl)

We reached Virajpet Bus station @ 5.00 AM in the morning, We were scheduled to join 'Anuradha', who would reach Virajpet stand at about 6.30 AM approximately... Inquired about Anuradha's visit with a local Cop (Got an opportunity to speak in Kannada that is seldom in bangalore), who was quite co-operative (The Shy-type Cop). We had no choice than to wait in the dark bus station of Virajpet.. Had a cup of Hot Coorg Coffee to refresh and was waiting sleepily !! My Wifee took a quick nap again and I guarded the baggage !! Soon I discovered some chirping sounds... Looked around and was amazed to hear after a long-time, The last time I heard Birds chirping in Bangalore was probably, when I was in my 7th Class !! Well, Finally.. Saw some birds and quickly identified.. SPARROWS !! Delighted to see them... Could see one more thing that was extinct in Bangalore, hmmm.. Probably, Kannada !! (Well, People used to communicate in Kannada in Bangalore) after a nice observation, my eyes caught the morning fog that was flowing in the air... BLISS !! I immediately woke up my wifee and asked her to take a snap with the fog (Nevertheless.... forcefully, I did it). It was 6.30 AM and we couldn't find any traces of Anuradha at all. On further inquiry, we discovered that we are in the wrong place. OOps !! Took our baggage and ran in some directions (supposedly, a short-cut) and finally reached a main-road and inquired in one of the bakeries (My Malayalam speaking skills were used...)

There She comes - ANURADHA:
Finally, we were delighted to see Anuradha who would drop us in Kabbina Kad (Place where we can get picked-up by Honey Valley Personnel).... Anuradha was nicely decorated in Red and with a lot of colors as well -a perfect private bus that could carry us to Kabbina Kad !! After an hour of Roller-Coaster ride, We reached Kabbina Kad at 7.40 AM...

Jeep-Ride !!
A 4 WD Jeep was smiling at us with the label -Honey Valley on its forehead.. Delighted and boarded along with my wifee... There was another gang of boys (3) who had come to Honey Valley [that disturbed our privacy and was quite pale all the ride...] However, the Jeep ride was a typical one of those and enjoyed it to the core. The driving guy (Din't mention Driver - you 'll know later) was very humble and showing us some waterfalls and other sights... we could hardly see anything as everything was vibrating there... (Courtesy: Jeep ride). Jeep ride is about 20 -30 minutes from Kabbina Kad to Honey Valley ! We were delighted to rest for sometime after a 'refreshing' jeep-ride. The driving guy introduced himself to us as Mr. Suresh Chengappa (the owner of Honey Valley Estate) Greeted with a smile and made us comfortable with some rest rooms to refresh (as our Check-in time was at 12.00 PM)

[Too Sleepy to blog now... Shall continue and finish the entire trip ASAP]

No comments: